Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Stage Makeup - Shimmery or Matte?

Im always in love with stage makeup or basically makeup for dancers or performers... Well I have tried many things in the past and after looking at my work from the past and recent work... I kinda noticed that my past work were like uh oh... Well question is... When it comes to stage makeup should we keep it matte or shimmery? Well personally, I used to love applying shimmer and glitter back then... I used to feel that the more shimmery the nicer it looks... But nowadays, it seems like too much shimmer looks as if it looks overly done. It doesnt mean that I dont use shimmer at all nowadays...

Shimmer can be used but personally i think it is to emphasize on certain parts. For instance I love emphasizing on the eyes when it comes to dancers. Hence, I tend to use a shimmery eyeshadow on the lid and blended into a matte colored eyeshadow in the crease of the eye. Basically its all about mixing the colors and type of shadows... However I still keep the entire looking very fresh and matte... You obviously do not want ur face to look like a shiny disco ball and personally i think that it will look very poorly done. You want people to notice your face and not the shimmer...

No comments:

Post a Comment